There is no point aiming to set up a website to start your ecommerce venture, if you don't have the right platform to build a scalable, profitable and successful business from it. So, deciding on the right ecommerce platform for your venture is the most important first step towards your ecommerce success.
An ecommerce platform (or online store builder) is a platform that helps you create, manage and run your online business. It integrates many key functionalities of the business under one roof. The best ecommerce platforms offer the complete package - from website design templates to inventory management that can be effortlessly integrated with payment gateways and shipping.
There are numerous factors to consider when choosing the best platform for an ecommerce website, including payment gateway integration, product photography, social media strategy, customer acquisition, customer retention, search engine optimization, and many more. The best ecommerce platforms not only make it simple to build a professional-looking website in a jiffy and launch your online store immediately but also offer good support & services so that your ecommerce site is up & running with minimum effort.
According to our research the platforms listed below are the best e-commerce platforms in India.
What Are The Benefits Of Moving Your Business Online
You need to seize every opportunity in this digital world that will benefit you. Your company's online presence can actually help it connect with and reach out to its audience on a worldwide scale. Here are some other benefits of taking your business online:
- Online businesses enable you to manage your business from anywhere, at any time, in contrast to conventional brick-and-mortar businesses where someone must always be on location.
- You can easily get things supplied straight to your customers via suppliers with the aid of an online business. That implies that owning your own inventory is not necessary for running an online business.
- Your consumers can visit and learn more about your offerings at any time from anywhere in the world with the use of an online website.
- The undeniable benefit of operating an online business is being able to respond to consumer questions and solve their problems without any hassle.
Magento is one of the best ecommerce platforms made for users who want a powerful, flexible system they can customize. Magento provides robust marketing, SEO, and catalog-management tools. Additionally, the platform gives users a selection of plug-ins and themes to choose from so they may customize their websites as they wish. Furthermore, they can strengthen client relationships and improve client experiences.
- Platform offers users flexibility.
- Platform provides services for no cost.
- Provides over 50 payment gateways.
- Installing new layouts and plug-ins is simple.
- Potentially incurred hosting and security costs.
- Charges fee for customer support.
Shopify is one of the best ecommerce platforms. This powerful platform includes complimentary tools and features for multi-channel selling, allowing you to sell directly through your e-commerce website—at your retail location, on social networks and third-party marketplaces, and everywhere in line.
- Large number of plug-ins and templates to choose from.
- It offers 15+ payment gateways integrations with 10+ logistics for India.
- Phone, email and community forum support offered in 19 languages.
- Pay as you go pricing method.
- Costlier than other platforms.
- No access to built-in reporting for users of the basic plan.
WooCommerce is a WordPress-only eCommerce plugin that is open-source and fully customisable. All you have to do to instantly launch your store is apply the plugin to your WordPress website. If you want a straightforward online store, WooCommerce is simple to use. However, you could need web development or coding abilities if you want additional functionality and user experience for your customers.
- Allow for a quicker checkout with certain express payment choices.
- It is scalable and virtually any services may be integrated with it.
- Provides multiple marketing add-ons for several categories, including sales, email, social media, CRM, and automation.
- Can be a little complex for beginners.
- Requires regular maintenance of updates.
Drupal is an open source software. Drupal's incredible core capabilities include simple content authoring, dependable performance, and top-notch security. But what distinguishes it from other solutions is its adaptability, which is one of its driving principles. Its technology can be used to provide the adaptable, well-organized content that dynamic web experiences demand.
- Its ability to design complex designs considerably sets it apart from others.
- By including more plugins, Drupal has the capacity to enhance and expand its functionality.
- Drupal is the faster CMS when compared to others because it contains built-in caching.
- It has an advanced interface which might be complex for beginners.
- Installation of software modules and upgrades might be challenging.
Wix is an intuitive drag-and-drop website builder that provides domain name registration, web hosting, and templates that can be customized. A simple website can be created at no cost, but Wix's ecommerce features require a premium plan. There are a few useful features on Wix. The software enables retailers to manage orders, receive payments online, market through various media, and build abandoned cart campaigns.
- 100+ templates to choose from.
- Provides free hosting.
- Easy to use logo makers.
- Support service available 24/7
- Requires a third-party app to integrate social commerce.
- Limited payment gateway and logistics integration in India.
Ecommerce offers a brand new range of marketing opportunities to boost sales. E-stores have been incredibly popular during the past ten years. A carefully curated online store with the best ecommerce platform can assist in expanding your business and even provide clients with round-the-clock support services.
Make sure you make a wise choice that is well-informed and foresighted. Please get in touch with us if you're a retailer wishing to join the e-commerce revolution; we'll be happy to help.